chicken lettuce wraps
- 3/4 pound ground chicken
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil or 1T dried basil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 large jalapeno chili, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon garlic chili sauce or hot pepper sauce such as Tabasco
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- Boston lettuce leaves
- Chopped green onions (optional)
- Roasted peanuts, chopped (optional)
Combine first seven ingredients in a bowl and stir to blend well. Heat both oils in a heavy medium sized skillet till hot but not smoking. Add chicken mixture and sauté until chicken is just cooked through (about 5 minutes). Transfer chicken mixture to a platter and arrange lettuce leaves around edges. Serve, passing the chopped green onions and/or chopped roasted peanuts if you are using these.
Thanks to rgboomer for sharing this recipe.