Caprese Di Farro
Prep:15 min|Inactive Prep:--|Cook:20 min
Make sure you only use superior grade mozzarella for this recipe. You are preparing a fresh salad, so stay away from the plastic-looking mozzarella cube they sell at your regular grocery, and find in your neighborhood an establishment that carries "the real deal".
- 1 pound farro
- 10 ounces organic cherry tomatoes, sliced into quarters
- 1 (5-ounce) ball fresh mozzarella, chopped
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves, torn
- 2 ounces pitted kalamata olives
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for serving
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil, toss in the farro and cook for 20 minutes, strain, and rinse with cold water, then set aside.
Add the tomatoes to a bowl, add the mozzarella, rip the basil leaves with your hands, and add the olives.
Season with a good quality extra-virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper, to taste.
Serve right away or cover and refrigerate for tomorrow's picnic.