Chicken Baked in Coconut-Curry Sauce
The rich coconut milk, hot curry paste, and garlic create a sauce that keeps the chicken moist.
Serve over Basmati rice.
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (I used light)
- 1/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons red curry paste
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup thinly sliced yellow squash (about 2 small)
- 1 cup 1/4-inch-thick red bell pepper strips (about 1 large)
- 1/2 cup diagonally cut green onions
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 lime wedges
Preheat oven to 425°.
Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk.
Place chicken breast halves between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound each piece to an even thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet. Sprinkle salt and pepper evenly over both sides of chicken.
Fold 4 (16 x 12-inch) sheets of heavy-duty aluminum foil in half crosswise. Open foil; layer 1/2 cup zucchini, 1/4 cup squash, 1/4 cup bell pepper, 2 tablespoons green onions, and 1 chicken breast half on half of each foil sheet. Spoon 3 tablespoons of coconut milk mixture over each serving. Fold foil over chicken and vegetables; tightly seal edges.
Place packets on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 22 minutes. Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes. Place on plates. Unfold packets carefully, and sprinkle each serving with 1 teaspoon cilantro. Garnish with lime wedges. Serve immediately.