Four Cheese Fondue
Served in individual ramekins, this fondue combines the pucker of a good Chardonnay and a mix of velvety cheeses. Be sure to include a soft cheese in this recipe to ensure proper melting and consistency. Serve this fondue with an assortment of sliced sweet and tart apples, freshly sliced vegetables, assorted crackers, and freshly toasted toast points, for a decadent and classy appetizer that all will love.
- 1 baguette, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1/4 cup scallion, chopped
- 1/2 pound cheese (2-ounces each of blue cheese, mild soft goat cheese, Cheddar cheese, and washed rind cow’s milk cheese)
- 1/4 cup Chardonnay
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Preheat oven to 450°F with rack in middle.
Toast baguette slices on a baking sheet until edges are golden, about 5 minutes.
Rub insides of 4 (2-ounce) ramekins with garlic clove, then discard garlic.
Discard any inedible rind from cheeses. Cut or crumble cheeses into 1/2-inch pieces.
Bring wine just to a simmer in a 1-quart heavy saucepan over medium heat.
Stir in cheeses, then cook over low heat, whisking, until smooth (do not boil).
Divide among ramekins.
Serve fondue with baguette toasts.
You'll also love
- Valentine’s Day Grilled Cheese 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Refreshing Cucumber-Watermelon... 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Red Velvet Chex Party Mix 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Salami & Cream Cheese Roll Ups 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Warm Artichoke Olive Dip 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Bacon Jalapeño Cheese Ball 4.3/5 (35 Votes)
- St. Patrick's Day Cottage Pie 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Guinness-Glazed Halibut 4.3/5 (8 Votes)