Sukiyaki For Four
- SUKIYAKI SAUCE:
- 1 1/2 pound sirloin or top round cut thin strips
- 1 pound mushrooms sliced
- 1 large onion sliced thin
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 pound spinach cut 1" strips
- 6 green onions cut 1" pieces
- 1 can bean sprouts - (20 oz) drained
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup beef bouillon
- 1/4 cup rice wine (or sherry)
- 2 teaspoon sugar
Brown beef strips in hot fat, 3 to 4 minutes. Add vegetables, sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar and a little pepper (no salt).
Mix sukiyaki sauce and pour half over the meat and vegetables. Turn sukiyaki frequently during cooking, adding remaining sauce as required. Cook only 15 to 20 minutes from start to finish; vegetables should be slightly crisp.
Serve with hot rice.
This recipe yields ?? servings.