Savory Sausage & Cornbread Stuffing
Cornbread and sausage make this delightful and hearty stuffing that is perfect for Thanksgiving dinner, but excellent any time of year.
- 8 ounces bulk pork sausage meat, regular or spicy
- 8 tablespoons butter, 1 stick
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried sage
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 (16-ounce) package corn bread cubes
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 65mins
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 3-quart casserole. Brown sausage in large skillet over medium-high heat until no longer pink, stirring to separate meat. Drain on paper towels; set aside.
Wipe skillet with paper towels to remove grease. Melt butter in same skillet over medium heat until melted. Cook and stir onions and garlic in hot butter until onions are softened, about 10 minutes. Stir in dried sage and poultry seasoning; cook 1 minute.
Combine corn bread cubes, sausage and onion mixture in large bowl. Drizzle chicken broth over stuffing; toss until moistened. Transfer to prepared casserole.
Bake until heated through, about 45 minutes. For drier stuffing, uncover for last 15 minutes.
You'll also love
- Sour Cream and Bacon Crockpot 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Hawaiian Pork Chops 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Easy Tomatillo Salsa Verde (Green... 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Lobster Mac and Cheese 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Hot Wings in an Air Fryer 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Sassy Bacon & Cabbage 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- New Orleans-Style Crawfish... 4.1/5 (32 Votes)
- Good Eats Roast Turkey 4.4/5 (21 Votes)