Shiner Bock And Kitchen Pride Mushroom Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 3/4 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons dry thyme
- 5 cups diced Kitchen Pride mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced or grated cheddar cheese
- 1 bottle Shiner bock beer - (12 oz)
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Over medium heat in a 4-quartt saucepan, sauté garlic, and mushrooms in olive oil until tender. Add Shiner Bock, beef broth, and half-&-half and season with thyme, salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
Take half of the soup and pour in blender set on puree. Pour blended soup back in pan. Heat to medium and stir constantly until soup is thickened. Stir in cheese and chives. Serve with crusty French bread and enjoy!
This recipe yields ?? servings.