Seafood Stuffed Mushrooms II
- 24 large mushrooms
- 1/2 pound shrimp or crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup shrimp, chicken or clam stock
- 2 teaspoons chopped chives or other herbs
- 1/8 teaspoon curry powder (or 1 tbspn sherry)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Remove stems from mushrooms and chop. Chop shrimp or crabmeat.
In pan, melt butter, stir in flour. Then add stock and mushroom stems. Lower heat and simmer sauce for 2 minutes. Add seafood, chives or herbs. Stir gently and add curry powder or sherry.
Brush mushroom caps with butter or oil and fill. Place on well greased pan and broil 5 minutes.
This recipe yields ?? servings.