Frittata - Fast Track
- 1 Lg Roma tomato
- 2 T butter
- 1 c thinly sliced leeks, white & green parts only
- 2 1/2 c asparagus, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 8 lg eggs
- 3/4 c Swiss cheese, grated
- 1/4 c fresh basil, chopped
- 1 t nutmeg
- 1/2 t white pepper
- 1/4 t salt (or more to taste)
- Salt & black pepper to taste for veggies
- 1 T fresh basil, chopped
Preheat broiler to 500. Cut tomato into 1/4 in slices & set on paper towel to drain. Melt butter over med heat in 10" nonstick & broiler proof skillet. Add leeks & cook 4 min stirring to prevent burning. Add asparagus. Season lightly with salt & pepper. Cook 6 min until tender.
In med bowl whisk eggs. Fold in 1/2 c Swiss, 1/4 c basil, nutmeg, white pepper & salt. Add egg mixture to skillet & gently fold into veggies to combine. Cook until almost set, about 5-7 min. Mixture should be set on bottom & almost set on top. Top with tomato slices & sprinkle with remaining Swiss. Broil in oven until frittata is golden brown & puffed eggs are set, about 4 min. Sprinkle with 1 T basil & cut into wedges before serving.