Amish Macaroni Salad
"A colorful and flavorful macaroni salad made with hard cooked eggs, bell pepper and celery in a creamy dressing. Best macaroni salad I have ever had. I always get many requests for recipe. Enjoy!" Sue RdJ 8/22/14
The original recipe calls for 2 cups uncooked macaroni. There is WAY too much dressing for just 2 cups. Use an entire 16 oz. box and there will still be plenty of dressing.
- 1 16 oz. box uncooked elbow macaroni
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 2 cups creamy salad dressing (e.g. Miracle Whip)
- 3 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon celery seed
Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add macaroni, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until tender. Drain, and set aside to cool.
In a large bowl, stir together the eggs, onion, celery, red pepper, and relish. In a small bowl, stir together the salad dressing, mustard, white sugar, vinegar, salt and celery seed. Pour over the vegetables, and stir in macaroni until well blended. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour before serving. Makes 6 servings.