Rice And Mushroom Casserole
- 3 cups prepared rice
- 1 pound can tomatoes drained
- 1/2 pound sliced mushrooms parboiled
- 2 tablespoons chopped green peppers
- 1 tablespoon finely-chopped onion (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound Velveeta Cheese
Combine rice, tomatoes, mushrooms, peppers, onions, salt and pepper and mix lightly.
Butter a 1 1/2-quart casserole and alternate layers of rice mixture with cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
This recipe yields 4 servings.