Portobello Mushroom Fajitas
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or cooking oil
- 2 large garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano crushed
- 10 ounces portabello mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1 medium red, green, or yellow sweet pepper cut thin strips
- 4 green onions cut 1 1/2" pieces
- 6 flour tortillas - (7" dia)
- Lime wedges (optional)
For marinade, in a large plastic bag combine water, lime juice, oil, garlic, cumin, and oregano. Add mushrooms, pepper strips, and green onions; turn bag to coat. Marinate at room temperature for 15 to 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, wrap toruntilas in foil. Heat in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes to soften.
For filling, in a large nonstick skillet cook undrained vegetables over medium-high heat about 8 to 12 minutes or until peppers are tender and most of the liquid has evaporated; stirring occasionally.
To serve, spoon mushroom filling onto tortillas; roll up. If desired, serve with lime wedges.
This recipe yields 6 side-dish servings.