- 1 fresh Kitchen Pride portabello cap
- 1/2 small onion sliced
- 1 slice mozzarella or Monterey Jack cheese
- Vegetable oil
- 2 ounces ground beef - (to 3)
- 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Brush the cap with oil, place on an oven rack, and bake for 5 minutes at 400 degrees.
In sauce pan add 1 tablespoon oil, sauté the onion. Add the meat and sauté until the meat is browned. Stir in the barbecue sauce and season, if necessary.
Remove the cap from the oven and cover with the meat mixture. Cover with the cheese and return to the oven until cheese melts, about 3 minute. Serve and enjoy.
This recipe yields 1 serving.