Portabella Pizza II
- 10 portabella caps cleaned
- 20 fresh basil leaves
- 3 garlic cloves diced
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 4 fresh tomatoes sliced, and roasted or grilled
- 2 ounces olive oil - (to 3)
- 24 ounces mozzarella sliced or shredded
- Oregano to taste
Combine oil and garlic and rub mushrooms caps on all sides. Place caps top-side down on oiled sheet pan, season with salt and pepper. Shingle cheese, basil leaves and tomato slices alternately in circle on top.
Sprinkle with oregano leaves. Add a little water to pan, bake at 450 degrees, until cheese begins to brown.
This recipe yields ?? servings.