Pear Crisp with Vanilla Ice Cream
Perfect pear crisp recipe. Don't let it burn with the extra time, just make sure the topping is a lovely golden brown. Make sure to have either fresh whipped cream or vanilla ice cream to serve with this crisp.
- 4 to 5 large pears, like Bosc
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pecans, very finely chopped
- 1 stick butter, about 8 tablespoons, melted
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from thepioneerwoman.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Peel, core, and dice pears. Place into a bowl and stir together with 2/3 cup sugar and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, combine flour, sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, and pecans. Stir together. Drizzle melted butter gradually, stirring with a fork as you go until all combined.
Pour pears into a baking dish; top with crumb topping.
Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
Place pan on top rack of oven for an additional 10 minutes, or until topping is golden brown.
Serve warm. with vanilla ice cream.
You'll also love
- Potato Chip Chicken Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Libby's Pumpkin Streusel Muffins 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pizza ham and pineapple 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Moist Caramel Apple Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Harvest Pear Crisp 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ginger Roasted Pears with Candied... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- French Baguette 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bruschetta Triscuit 0/5 (0 Votes)