Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes w/caramel drizzle
More like a dense cupcake consistency
- 1/2 cups Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cups Granulated Sugar
- 2 whole Eggs, Room Temperature
- 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- 1/2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 15 ounces, weight Canned Pumpkin
- 3/4 cups Milk
- 2-1/4 cups All-pupose Flour
- 2 cups Vanilla Buttercream Icing (store Bought Or Your Favorite Recipe)
- 1/4 cups Caramel Sauce
Preheat oven to 350 F. Line two 12-count cupcake tins with cupcake papers.
In a large mixing bowl, add vegetable oil, sugars, eggs and salt. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed until everything is completely blended. Add cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and vanilla and mix again. Lastly, add pumpkin, milk and flour and mix thoroughly.
Fill cupcake papers about 2/3 full. Bake for approximately 10 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of cupcakes.
Remove the pans from the oven and set them on a wire cooling rack. Cool cupcakes completely before frosting.
Frost the cooled cupcakes with vanilla buttercream icing and let the frosting firm up slightly before drizzling caramel sauce on top.
*Note: It is normal for these cupcakes to settle slightly once removed from the oven. This recipe produces a very moist and dense cupcake.