Squash Cut-Out Cookies
This is a spiced cookie dough that can be rolled out and cut into any shapes your heart desires. Have fun and enjoy!
- 1 (12-ounce) package frozen squash, defrosted and squeezed dry, OR
- 2/3 cup freshly cooked and mashed squash
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 95mins
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Combine flour, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Set aside.
In your mixer bowl with paddle attachment, cream butter and both sugars together; add squash and mix well. Add the egg and vanilla.
Add dry ingredients. Mix on low speed until a sticky dough forms. Chill in refrigerator for at least one hour. Turn out on a well floured surface and knead a couple of times until dough is no longer sticky.
Cut out shapes and bake on parchment for 9 to 12 minutes.
Frost cookies as desired.