Mushrooms And Peppers Italian
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms
- 2 large green peppers
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 large tomatoes peeled, sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
Rinse, pat dry and slice mushrooms (makes about 5 cups). Slice green peppers into 1/2-inch strips.
In a large skillet heat oil. Add mushrooms, peppers and onions, saute until mushrooms are golden. Add tomatoes and seasonings, stir gently. Cover and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Serve with meat or eggs.
This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.