Mushrooms And Beef Alla Romana
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup minced onion
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can tomatoes - (28 oz) broken up
- 1 can tomato sauce - (8 oz)
- 2 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 box curly noodles - (16 oz)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Rinse, pat dry and slice fresh mushrooms (about 5 1/2 cups), set aside.
In a large saucepan or dutch oven, heat oil until hot. Add onion and garlic, saute for 1 minute. Add beef, cook and stir until browned, about 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, salt, Italian seasoning and black pepper. Bring to the boiling point, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes. Stir in reserved mushrooms, simmer 5 minutes longer. Remove from heat and keep hot.
Cook noodles according to label, drain. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange half of the noodles in a 3- to 3 1/2-quart casserole. Top with half of the hot beef mixture, repeat layering. Combine mozzarella and parmesan cheeses, sprinkle over casserole. Bake until cheeses are melted, about 10 minutes.
This recipe yields 8 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken with Mushrooms &... 4.5/5 (379 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (260 Votes)
- Hot and Sour Mushroom, Cabbage,... 4.5/5 (165 Votes)