Mushroom Soup III
- 10 ounces fresh mushrooms
- 3 teaspoons oil or margarine
- 4 cup beef or chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup cream or milk
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 dash sherry (optional)
Finely chop mushrooms. Melt margarine in pot and fry mushrooms lightly, adding flour and 1 1/2 cups of stock, stirring until smooth. Add remainder of stock gradually, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
Simmer gently for 20 to 30 minutes, then add cream, chopped parsley and a dash of sherry (optional) before serving.
This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.