Mushroom Pesto Pizza
- 8 ounces sweet Italian sausage links
- 1 pound fresh white mushrooms sliced (5 cups)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1 package Italian bread shell - (10 or 16 oz) (such as Boboli)
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Remove Italian sausage from casings; put sausage in a large nonstick skillet. Cook until brown, stirring constantly to break up sausage, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 6 minutes. Add tomatoes; cook and stir, until heated through, about 1 minute.
On a 12-inch pizza pan place bread shell; spread pesto over shell; sprinkle with half of the Mozzarella. Using a slotted spoon spread mushroom mixture and sausage over cheese; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake until hot and cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.
This recipe yields 4 servings.