Fettuccine with Porcini mushrooms
- 1 Lb porcini mushrooms (thouroughly washed and dried)
- 1/2 cup EVOO
- 4 cloves garlic, in their jackets
- 3 Tbsp chopped nepitella leaves (if unavailable use fresh mint)
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- 14 ounces fettuccine
1. Fill a large stockpot with 3 qts qater and bring to a boil
2. While waiting for the water to boil slice the mushrooms into 1/2-inch strips. Por oil into a sauce pan, add mushrooms, garlic cloves and nepitella or mint and cook over medium heatfor 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add broth and cook for another 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
4. Add kosher salt to boiling water and toss in fettuccine and cook until al dente. Drain lightly and add to skillet with mushrooms and sautee for 1 minute moving everything around with tongs to combine ingredients. Remove garlic cloves and salt to taste.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (891 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (905 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (742 Votes)
- Buffalo Ranch Alfredo Pasta 4.5/5 (688 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (680 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (499 Votes)
- Crock Pot Ravioli Casserole 4.5/5 (475 Votes)
- Fettuccine Alfredo with Pancetta 4.4/5 (97 Votes)