- 8 strips lasagne noodles
- 2 pounds fresh mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 cans tomato sauce - (8 oz ea)
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese thinly sliced
- 12 ounces ricotta or cottage cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Cook noodles, drain and set aside.
Rinse, pat dry and slice mushrooms (makes about 10 cups). In a large skillet heat butter; add mushrooms and saute for 5 minutes. Drain off any mushroom liquid.
Butter a 12- by 9- by 2-inch casserole dish. Cover bottom with 1 can of the tomato sauce. Top with 4 strips of cooked noodles, overlapping edges slightly. Arrange half of the mozzarella over the noodles and spoon half of the mushrooms over the cheese.
Combine 1 can of the tomato sauce with ricotta cheese, salt and black pepper. Spoon half of the cheese and tomato mixture over the mushrooms. Sprinkle with half of the parmesan cheese. Repeat.
Place in a preheated moderate oven (350 degrees) for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.