Cranberry orange muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- One half teaspoon salt
- One large egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup 1% milk
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon orange oil or one half teaspoon grated orange peel
- One cup sweetened dried cranberries coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup brown sugar firmly packed
- One half teaspoon cinnamon
Preheat oven to 400°
In a medium size bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt, then toss the cranberries in the mix and stir to coat.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, oil, milk, orange juice, and orange peel or oil. Gently and thoroughly mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
Using a quarter cup measure, pour the batter into 12 lightly greased muffin cups, filling them about 3/4 full.
Combine all of the topping ingredients. Sprinkle a scant tablespoon of topping over the batter in each muffin cup. Bake for 20 minutes or until they're nicely browned and a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
You'll also love
- Corn & Saffron Risotto 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp asparagus au gratin 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Banana Cocoa Refrigerator Oatmeal 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Blueberry Muffins 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon blossoms 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Orange Juice Drink (Vitamix) 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Beet and Blood Orange... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- CRANBERRY SALAD 0/5 (0 Votes)