Lemon Pound Cake
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt, or any flavor you prefer
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch tube pan that has been coated with cooking spray
2. In a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla and continue beating until smooth. Gradually add flour and yogurt until well mixed. With a spoon, stir in lemon juice.
3. Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
• Sometimes we like to use low-fat raspberry yogurt in place of the vanilla. It gives it a nice look and flavor twist.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (814 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (738 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (288 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Orange Chicken 4.5/5 (231 Votes)
- Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing 4.5/5 (164 Votes)