Mushroom Bacon Pizza
- 12 ounces bacon
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh white mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons oregano leaves crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 large Italian bread shell - (16 oz)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced plum tomatoes
In a large skillet over medium heat cook bacon until crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel; crumble; set aside.
Pour off all but 4 tablespoons bacon fat. Add mushroom, onions and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid evaporates, 7 to 8 minutes. Stir in crumbled bacon, oregano, salt and black pepper. (Makess 3 1/2 cups)
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place bread shell on a pizza pan or baking tray. Sprinkle cheese over shell. Spoon 1 3/4 cups drained Mushroom Bacon mixture over cheese. Top with tomatoes. Bake until hot and cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Wilted Greens With Mushroom Bacon Saute: Toss 1 3/4 cups hot Mushroom Bacon mixture with 4 cups mixed salad greens, 1/2 cup sliced tomatoes and a squeeze of lemon juice. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan Cheese.
Pasta Or Rice With Mushroom Bacon Saute: Toss 1 3/4 cups hot Mushroom Bacon mixture with 2 1/2 cups cooked rice or rotelle pasta. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan Cheese.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken with Mushrooms &... 4.5/5 (379 Votes)
- Bacon Cheddar Potato Cakes 4.5/5 (273 Votes)