Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- ◦1 1/2 cup shredded raw zucchini
- ◦1 cup all-purpose flour
- ◦1/2 cup (45 grams) unsweetened cocoa powder (we used Ghirardelli)
- ◦1 teaspoon baking soda
- ◦1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- ◦1/4 teaspoon salt
- ◦1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- ◦1/2 cup vegetable oil
- ◦1/2 cup granulated sugar
- ◦1/2 cup light brown sugar
- ◦2 large eggs
- ◦1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1.Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray a loaf pan (9x5x3) with nonstick cooking oil.
2.In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt, then set aside.
3.In a large bowl, using a hand mixer beat the oil, sugars, eggs, vanilla extract and coffee granules for about 2 minutes.
4.Add the shredded zucchini to the dry ingredients and then in batches add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients; use a spatula to incorporate everything until just mixed. Pour the mixture into the loaf pan and bake in the oven for 55 - 65 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted in the bread and then be removed clean. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.