This is definitely om my top 10 recipe list. We have salmon frequently and this is easy and delicious.
- 2/3 cup panko (Japanese dried bread flakes)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons good olive oil
- 4 (6- to 8-ounce) salmon fillets, skin on
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Lemon wedges, for serving
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
In a small bowl, mix together the panko, parsley, lemon zest, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Drizzle with the olive oil and stir until the crumbs are evenly coated. Set aside.
Place the salmon fillets, skin side down, on a board. Generously brush the top of the fillets with mustard and then sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Press the panko mixture thickly on top of the mustard on each salmon fillet. The mustard will help the panko adhere.
Heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat in a 12-inch cast-iron skillet or large heavy, ovenproof pan. When the oil is very hot, add the salmon fillets, skin side down, and sear for 3 to 4 minutes, without turning, to brown the skin.
Transfer the pan to the hot oven for 5 to 7 minutes until the salmon is almost cooked and the panko is browned. Remove from the oven, cover with aluminum foil, and allow to rest for 5 to 10 minutes. Serve the salmon hot or at room temperature with lemon wedges.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (814 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (738 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (469 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (260 Votes)
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (194 Votes)
- Blackened Grilled Tilapia 4.5/5 (143 Votes)
- Grilled Fish Tacos 4.5/5 (128 Votes)