Mixed-Mushroom Noodle Bowl
- 1 pound mixed fresh white and specialty mushrooms trimmed, sliced
- 2 medium carrots peeled, sliced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 ounces vermicelli - (1/4 of 12-oz pkg) broken in half
- 1 cup frozen edamame kernels or green peas
- 2 green onions cut thin 2" strips
- 1 1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
In very large, heavy saucepan, heat 8 cups water, the mushrooms, carrots, 1/4 cup soy sauce, and the ginger. Bring to a boil; cook 5 minutes.
Add vermicelli, edamame, green onions. Cook just until noodles are tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in sesame oil; taste and add more soy sauce, if needed. Serve immediately.
This recipe yields 4 servings.