Craving tacos, but no taco shells? No problem! Put those broken tortilla chips to use and make this easy, super tasty taco casserole instead.
- 1 pound 80% lean ground beef
- 1 (16-ounce) can spicy chili beans in sauce, undrained
- 1 cup Old El Paso® Thick 'n Chunky salsa
- 2 cups tortilla chips, coarsely broken
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 4 medium green onions, sliced, about 1/4 cup
- 1 medium tomato, chopped, about 3/4 cup
- 1 cup Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese, shredded, about 4 ounces
- Whole tortilla chips, shredded lettuce and additional salsa, if desired
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Heat oven to 350°F.
In 10-inch skillet, cook beef over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in beans and 1 cup salsa. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.
In un-greased 2-quart casserole, place broken tortilla chips. Top with beef mixture. Spread with sour cream. Sprinkle with onions, tomato and cheese.
Bake uncovered 20 to 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Arrange whole tortilla chips around edge of casserole. Serve with lettuce and salsa.
You'll also love
- Bacon Bombs 4.5/5 (126 Votes)
- Chantal's New York Cheesecake 4.4/5 (138 Votes)
- Panko Oven Fried Chicken Breasts 4.5/5 (128 Votes)
- Creamy Bacon & Cheese Dip 4.5/5 (128 Votes)
- Crock Pot Honey Sesame Chicken 4.4/5 (129 Votes)
- New Longhorn Steakhouse Parmesan... 4.1/5 (168 Votes)
- Crock Pot Chicken Stroganoff 4.5/5 (124 Votes)
- St. Patrick's Day Spinach Pancakes... 4.5/5 (120 Votes)