Low Calorie Mushroom-Beef Roulade
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup finely-chopped onions
- 1/2 cup finely-chopped celery
- 1/3 cup grated carrot
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper divided
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 pounds minute or cubed steaks - (8 individual)
- 1 can tomato sauce - (8 oz)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt divided
Rinse, pat dry and chop 1 1/4 pounds of the fresh mushrooms. Slice the remaining 1/4 pound and set aside.
Place chopped mushrooms in a medium skillet. Add onions, celery, carrot, parsley, poultry seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, water and lemon juice. Cover tightly and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
Sprinkle steaks with remaining 1 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Place equal amount of cooked mushroom mixture on each steak. Roll up and fasten with toothpicks or tie with string. Arrange on a rack in a broiler pan under a preheated hot broiler; broil, turning to brown all sides.
Place meat in a 2-quart casserole. Add tomato sauce. Stir in reserved 1/4 pound sliced fresh mushrooms (along with liquid). Cover casserole tightly. Bake in a preheated moderate oven (350 degrees) until meat is tender, 1 1/2 hours, adding additional water or beef broth, if needed.
This recipe yields 8 servings.
You'll also love
- Rocky Point Amusement Park's Clam... 3/5 (9 Votes)
- Applebee's Apple Chimi Cheesecake 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Zucchini (Or Cucumber) Relish 3.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Sage, Orange, And Clove Rotisserie... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Crock Pot Bbq Ranch Chicken Wings 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Rotisserie beef roast 3.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Ribeye with Carmelized Mushrooms... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Meatloaf (cream of mushroom soup) 4/5 (1 Votes)