Italian Mushroom Onion Soup
- 8 ounces hot or sweet italian sausage links sliced 1/2" thick
- 1 pound white mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 2 cans ready-to-serve beef broth - (13 3/4 oz ea)
- 4 slices Italina bread, 1/2" thick toasted
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat broiler. In a skillet cook sausage until brown, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and onion; cook, stirring frequently, until mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes. Add beef broth; simmer covered, to blend flavors, about 5 minutes.
Place 4 heat-proof serving bowls on a shallow baking pan; ladle soup into bowls. Top each bowl with a slice of bread; sprinkle with cheese. Broil 3 to 5 inches from heat until cheese melts, about 2 minutes.
This recipe yields 4 servings.