Hawaiian Haystacks - Crockpot
If it isn't already, slow cooked Hawaiian Haystacks are sure to become a family favorite! Can be customized with the favorite toppings of your choice.
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 32 ounces reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons of dry Ranch Dressing seasoning packet
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 cups chicken breast, cooked, shredded
- Steamed rice, enough for your family
- Chow Mein Crispy Noodles
- Sliced green onions
- Black olives
- Shredded cheese
Place butter into a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring to melt. Slowly whisk in flour, salt and pepper until smooth and thick, for 1-2 minutes.
Slowly whisk in chicken broth until smooth. Increase heat to high whisking until thick, about 2 minutes.
Add sour cream, Ranch seasoning, garlic salt, and cooked chicken breast. Stir and season accordingly. You may prefer additional, salt, pepper and garlic salt.
Transfer to crock pot and cook on low all day until dinner. You can either serve it immediately or crock pot it until you are ready.
Place rice on serving plates and top with chicken gravy. Have toppings at the table and top with whatever you like! Have fun