Ooey Gooey Pizza Dip
- 2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 c. shredded medium cheddar cheese
- 1/4 c. grated parmesan cheese
- 1 c. mayonnaise (I don't recommend substituting for reduced-fat or fat-free mayo...it's just not the right consistency.)
- 1 c. roughly chopped turkey pepperoni (I think regular pepperoni makes this too greasy!)
- 1/2 c. small diced onion
- 1/2 c. small diced green pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small can (6.5 oz.) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 3/4 c. roughly chopped black olives
- 1/4 c. roughly chopped green olives
- 1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- 1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper, plus a bit more cracked across the finished dip
Adapted from afarmgirlsdabbles.com
Note: This recipe is highly versatile, so feel free to mix it up with your favorite pizza ingredients. I would suggest leaving the first 4 ingredients as the base to the dip. Then just have fun with the rest!
Preheat oven to 350°.
In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients, mixing well to incorporate. Spread into a baking dish - either a large rectangle up to a 9" x 13" size, or a large pie plate. Crack a bit more black pepper over the surface and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the edges are bubbly and the top is golden brown. Sometimes I also place it under the broiler for a minute or two to get the top extra golden pretty. Serve with sturdy crackers or sliced & toasted baguettes.