Hearty Fresh Mushroom Chili Soup
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 ounces fresh white mushrooms sliced (3 cups)
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 can ready-to-serve chicken or vegetable broth - (15 oz)
- 1 can stewed tomatoes - (15 oz)
- 1 can kidney beans - (15 oz)
- 1 can vacuum packed corn kernels - (7 oz)
In a large saucepan heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and garlic; cook stirring frequently until mushrooms are tender and liquid evaporates, about 5 minutes. Stir in chili powder; cook and stir 1 minute.
Add chicken broth, stewed tomatoes, kidney beans and corn. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer to blend flavors, about 10 minutes. Serve topped with tortilla chips, if desired.
This recipe yields 4 servings.