Chicken lettuce wraps
420 cal, 14 fat, 48 carb, 4 fiber, 24 pro
- 2 tsp peanut or canola oil
- 1/2 c chopped vidalia onion
- 1 1/2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp minced gingerroot
- 1/2 c water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 c diced cooked skinless dark-meat chicken
- 2 tbsp low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 2 c cooked brown rice
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 4 bibb lettuce leaves, washed
- 1 tsp black sesame seeds
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 8mins
Heat oil in large saute pan over med-low heat. Add onion and saute for 3 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Add garlic and ginger and saute for 1 minute. Add water chestnuts and cook for one more minute.
Add chicken, broth, soy sauce, vinegar and pepper; stir well. Add rice and cook for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in scallions.
Divide chicken mixture equally among lettuce leaves. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.