Easy Pour Pizza
- 1 pound mushrooms
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef or sausage
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 can Italian marinara sauce - (10 1/4 oz)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Rinse, pat dry and slice mushrooms (makes about 5 cups); set aside.
In a large skillet brown beef. Set meat aside and discard fat. Heat butter in same skillet. Add mushrooms, onion and green pepper, saute until vegetables are tender.
Lightly grease and dust with flour a 15 1/2- by 10 1/2- by 1-inch pan. In a small bowl combine flour, salt, oregano, black pepper, milk and eggs, mix until smooth. Pour batter into pan, tilting pan so batter covers bottom. Arrange meat and vegetable mixture over batter.
Bake on low rack in preheated hot oven (425 degrees) for 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from oven, drizzle with marinara sauce and sprinkle with cheese. Return to oven for 10 to 15 minutes longer.
This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.