Pan Crisped Cod
- 4 cod or halibut fillets, skin-on (about 5 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 2 medium eggplant
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, plus sprigs to garnish
- 1 teaspoon white-wine vinegar
Adapted from mygreatrecipes.com
1.Sprinkle the cod with 1/2 teaspoon salt and the pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet until hot. Add the cod, skin side down. Reduce heat to medium and fry until the skin crisps, about 5 minutes. Turn the cod over and cook until the fish is opaque, 1 to 2 minutes longer, depending on thickness. Remove the cod from the skillet and set aside, skin side up.
2.Meanwhile, chop the eggplant into 3/4-inch cubes. Slice the zucchini into 1/4-inch slices. Cut an “X” in the bottom of tomatoes. Place the tomatoes in a medium bowl. Carefully pour boiling water over the tomatoes; let stand in the hot water for 30 seconds. Remove the tomatoes from the hot water. Peel, deseed and slice the tomatoes.
3.Heat 2 tablespoons oil in the skillet over low heat. Add the, shallots, eggplant and zucchini. Fry for 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes, chopped parsley, vinegar and the remaining salt and oil. Cook for 2 minutes. Arrange the vegetables on 4 plates and top with the cod. Garnish with the parsley sprigs and serve.
You'll also love
- Peach Crunch Cake 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Blackberry Jelly (canning recipe) 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Crab Stuffed Lobster Rayna 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Creamy Seafood Alfredo 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Cedar Planked Salmon 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Roasted Wild Salmon and Asparagus... 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Baked Cod with Chorizo & White... 4.7/5 (9 Votes)