John Wayne Casserole
Casseroles are making a comeback, this John Wayne Casserole is sure to be a family favorite. Enjoy!
- 2 pounds ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 (1.25-ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 4 ounces sour cream
- 4 ounces mayonnaise
- 8 ounces Cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 cups biscuit mix
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 80mins
Adapted from navywifecook.com
Heat oven to 325°F
Brown ground beef, add taco seasoning, and water according to packet instructions; set aside.
In a separate bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, 4 ounces of cheddar cheese, and half of the onions; set aside.
Stir biscuit mix and water (directions on box) to form soft dough. Pat dough on the bottom and one half inch up the sides of an 9 x 13 inch greased casserole dish.
Saute remaining onions and bell peppers until slightly tender. On top of biscuit mix, evenly distribute ingredients in the following order: ground beef, tomato slices, green peppers, onions, jalapeno peppers, sour cream mixture and end with remaining shredded cheese.
Bake for 30-40 minutes or until edges of dough are lightly browned.
You'll also love
- Pumpkin Cake Doughnuts 4.6/5 (39 Votes)
- Weight Watchers Butterfinger... 4.3/5 (62 Votes)
- Whole Chicken in a Crock Pot 4.5/5 (45 Votes)
- Cheddar Bacon Chicken Tenders 4.5/5 (45 Votes)
- Crock Pot Pineapple Chicken with... 4.2/5 (75 Votes)
- Easy Mushroom-Bacon Cheeseburgers 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Cowboy Meatloaf and Potato... 4.4/5 (49 Votes)