- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon dark (toasted) sesame oil
- 1 small red chile pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 large green or red leaf lettuce leaves
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 1 small daikon radish, julienned
- 1/2 cup mung bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup peanuts, toasted and chopped
Adapted from culinary.net
Combine lime juice, sesame oil, chile and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Add shrimp; simmer until pink, about 3 minutes. Drain; add to lime juice mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate until cool, about 10 minutes.
Set lettuce leaves on a counter with stem ends toward you. Press against the "spines" until you hear a crunch to make it easier to roll.
Divide carrot, daikon and sprouts among leaves, setting them in the centers toward the bottom. Divide shrimp among leaves; sprinkle with chopped peanuts. Roll lettuce from the bottom up.
Place each roll, seam side down, on a sheet of plastic wrap; wrap tightly and refrigerate for 15 minutes. Remove wrap; cut rolls in half and serve.