Thin Spaghetti with lobster
- 2 1 lb lobsters (purchase lobsters as close to cooking time as possible and ask your fishmonger to divide them in half lengthways).
- 2 Tbsp EVOO
- 1 1/2 lbs ripe tomatoes cut into quarters
- 1/4 tsp cracked red pepper
- 1/4 cup cognac
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- 14 ounces thin spaghetti
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley leaves
1. In a large, heavy skillet, on high heat sautee garlic in Tbsp oil until golden.
2. Add tomatoes, cover and cook for 2 minutes on high heat. Uncover and smash tomatoes with a fork. Cook uncovered for another 3 minutes, still on high heat. Add cracked red pepper, salt to taste, turn off heat and set aside.
3. Leaving shells whole, remove tail meat from lobsters and chop into 3/4 inch pieces. With a meat hammer, crack claws leavinglobster meat in shells. Put up 3 qts of water to boil in a large stockpot.
4. In a second large skillet, on high heat, sautee lobster and shells in 2 Tbsp oil for 3 minutes. Remove skillet from heat, carefully add cognac and return to heat and ignite very carefully using a kitchen match to flambe. When flame dies down add tomatoe sauce from other skillet and cook for another 3 minutes. remove shells and keep them warm in a covered bowl.
5. When water comes to a boil add 1 Tbsp of salt and cook spaghetti until al dente. Drain lightly, transfer toskillet with sauce and sautee over high heat for 1 minute moving everything around with tongs to combine ingredients. Serve immediately on warmed plates, topped with lobster shells (aesthetically arranged and sprinkled with chopped parsley).