Fresh Artichoke and parmesan salad
- 4 very large artichokes,purple ones if available (make sure they are firm, the firmer the better).
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 ounces fresh Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1 ounce pine nuts
1. Remove stems, tops and tough outer leaves of artichokes (save them for decoration), retaining only tender hearts.
2. Divide artichokes in half lengthways, remove the choke.Place artichoke halves on a wooden chopping board, spoon lemon juice over each and slice very thinly, still lengthways. Toss well with finers so artichokes absord lemon juice.
3. Arrange artichokes on a serving dish which has been decorated with a crown of outer leaves. Salt to taste and drizzle with olive oil. With a sharp knife slice parmigiano into paper-thin shavings. Distribute shavings and pine nuts on top of salad.