Twice-Baked Potato Casserole
- 5 lbs Potatoes ; peeled, quartered
- 6 Tblsp Butter
- 2 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese ; shredded
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 cup Sour cream
- 2 Eggs ; large
- 1/2 cup Green Onions ; chopped
- 1/2 cup Bacon ; cooked crisp, crumbled
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
Heat oven to 350.
2. Lightly coat a 3 qt. shallow baking dish with non-stick spray.
3. Cook potatoes in just enough water to cover for 20 - 25 minutes, until tender when pierced.
4. Drain in a colander and return to pot.
5. Add butter to potatoes, mash with a potato masher until smooth.
6. Stir in 2 c. cheese, milk, sourcream and eggs until blended.
7. Then add onions and bacon bits, reserving a few tablespoons of ea
8. Stir in salt and pepper.
9. Spoon into prepared baking dish.
10. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 c. cheese and bacon.
11. Bake, uncovered, 40 minutes or until top is light golden.
12. Sprinkle with remaining onions.