Baked Shrimp with Tomatoes and Feta
4 servings, 1 1/2 cups each
7 points plus
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Two 14.5 ounce cans no salt added diced tomatoes, with their juices
- 1/4 cup finely minced fresh flat- leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp. finely minced dill
- 1 1/4 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and cleaned
- 1/4 tsp. salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 tsp. freshly black pepper, plus more to taste
- 2/3 cup crumbled low fat feta cheese (about 3 ounces)
Preheat the oven to 425F.
Heat the oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium- heat. Add the onion and cook until softened about 3 minutes, then add garlic, cook 1 minute. Add tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and let simmer for about 5 minutes, until the tomato juices thicken. Remove from the heat. Stir in the herbs and shrimp. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the feta over the top. Bake until the shrimp are cooked through and the cheese melts, about 12 minutes.