All-Time Favorite Mushroom Casserole
- 3 pounds mushrooms - (to 4) sliced, cooked
- 1 package Pepperidge Farm stuffing mix - (16 oz) (or 3 boxes Stove-Top stuffing mix)
- Chopped onion (optional)
- Chopped celery (optional)
- 1 box Velveeta cheese - (16 oz) sliced (or 3/4 lb sharp cheddar cheese, shredded, or 3/4 lb mozzarella cheese, grated)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 pound butter - (1 stick)
- 1 1/4 cups half-and-half
Wash, slice and cook mushrooms briefly. Drain.
Melt butter in water, then combine with stuffing mix, adding celery and onion if desired. Stuffing will be slightly dry.
In greased casserole (13- by 9-inch) layer mushrooms, cheese, then stuffing. Repeat, ending with stuffing. Dot with butter. Casserole may be made ahead and refrigerated until cooking time.
Just before cooking, pour over 1 1/4 cups half-and-half. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
This recipe yields ?? servings.
You'll also love
- Wok Fried Mushrooms With Honey And... 0/5 (0 Votes)