Creamy Carnation® Tartar Sauce
Create homemade, rich and creamy, yet calorie-conscious tartar sauce your family will love. Made with Carnation Evaporated Fat Free Milk and light cream cheese instead of the traditional mayonnaise base, this recipe will become a staple in your refrigerator.
- 1 package (8 oz.) light cream cheese (Neufchâtel), at room temperature
- 2/3 cup (5 fl.-oz. can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Fat Free Milk, divided
- 1/2 cup sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
BEAT cream cheese and 2/3 cup evaporated milk in small mixer bowl until creamy. Stir in relish, vinegar, salt and pepper. Cover; refrigerate for up to 4 days. Makes about 2 1/2 cups.
TIPS: • For Tartar Sauce with a kick, add hot pepper sauce to taste.