Pan-Fried Chicken Cutlets With Zucchini Salad
- 1 zucchini, shaved with a vegetable peeler
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1/4 small red onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 8 chicken cutlets (about 11/2 pounds total)
Adapted from realsimple.com
Toss the zucchini, tomatoes, onion, vinegar, 1 tablespoon of the oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper in a large bowl; set aside.
Place the eggs and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Season the chicken with ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Coat in the eggs (letting the excess drip off), then the bread crumbs, pressing gently to help them adhere.
Heat the remaining 5 tablespoons of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Fry the cutlets, in batches, until the chicken is cooked through and the bread crumbs are golden brown, 2 to 4 minutes per side.
Serve the chicken with the zucchini salad.