Warm Mushroom And Goat Cheese Salad
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 ounces fresh white mushrooms cleaned, trimmed, and sliced - (abt 3 3/4 cups)
- 8 ounces oyster mushrooms cleaned, and trimmed - (abt 4 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 large shallots chopped
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 freshly-ground black pepper
- 3 ounces crumbled goat cheese - (abt 3/4 cup) (or blue cheese)
Arrange 1 cup greens on each of 6 plates.
In large skillet, heat oil over high heat. Add white mushrooms; cook and stir until mushrooms are browned and liquid has evaporated, about 6 minutes.
Add oyster mushrooms, pine nuts and shallots; cook until mushrooms soften, about 1 minute. Stir in vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper.
Divide mixture over greens. Sprinkle goat cheese over mushrooms; serve immediately. Garnish with finely shredded basil leaves, if desired.
This recipe yields 6 servings.