Tri-Color Salad With Sautéed Mushrooms
- 1 pound fresh white mushrooms cleaned, trimmed
- 4 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms cleaned, and stems removed - (abt 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 pound mixed salad greens (such as arugula, radicchio, and endive)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1/4 cup cider or white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- Parmesan cheese curls (optional)
Slice white and shiitake mushrooms. Tear or break salad greens into bite-sized pieces; on large platter, arrange greens.
In large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat. Add half of mushrooms; cook and stir until browned, about 5 minutes. Remove to bowl. Add another 1 tablespoon oil to skillet; cook remaining mushrooms; return reserved mushrooms to skillet.
Meanwhile, in cup, combine remaining 4 tablespoons oil, with the vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper. Add mixture to mushrooms; stir until well blended; spoon over greens. Top with Parmesan cheese curls, if desired.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Mushroom And Spinach Polenta Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)