Spaghetti with arugula, roasted peppers and proscuitto
serving size is 2 cups
496 cal, 16 fat, 72 carbs, 23 protein, 13 fiber
- 12 oz whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 tbsp evoo
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 2 oz thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into thin strips (1/2 cup)
- 1 (12 oz) jar roasted red peppers, rinsed and cut into thin strips (1 1/2 cups)
- 8 cups arugula (8 oz)
- 2/3 c freshly grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/3 c chopped walnuts, toasted
Cook spaghetti in large pot of lightly salted water, 8-10 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet over med-low heat. Add garlic and crushed red pepper; cook, stirring, until fragrant but not colored, 1-2 minutes. Add prosciutto and cook, stirring often, until lightly browned, 2-3 minutes. Stir in roasted red peppers and arugula, increase heat to med-high. Cook, stirring often, until arugula is wilted, 3-4 minutes.
Reserving 1/3 cup liquid, drain spaghetti and place in warmed large bowl. Add the reserved water, arugula mixture, 1/3 cup cheese and pepper; toss to coat well. Sprinkle with walnuts and the remaining cheese and serve.